MGSE PRO 4492
On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
• demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the main field of study, including both broad knowledge of the field and a considerable degree of specialized knowledge in certain areas of the field as well as insight into current research and development work.
• demonstrate specialized methodological knowledge in the main field of study.
• demonstrate the ability to critically and systematically integrate knowledge and to analyse, assess and deal with complex phenomena, issues and situations even with limited information.
• demonstrate the ability to identify and formulate issues critically, independently and creatively as well as to plan and use appropriate methods, undertake advanced tasks within predetermined time frames, and to contribute to the formation of knowledge as well as the ability to evaluate this work.
• demonstrate the ability in speech and writing, to report clearly and discuss his or her conclusions and the knowledge and arguments on which they are based in dialogue with different audiences.
• demonstrate the skills required for participation in research and development work or for independent work in other advanced contexts such as entrepreneurship.
• demonstrate the ability to assessments with regard to scientific, social and ethical aspects, and to demonstrate an awareness of ethical aspects of research and development work.
This seminar asks the student to deepen a managerial subject based on a problem given by an ITM-BS professor. The student will have to carry out a research and analysis work.
This course is delivered at an individual level. Students are assigned topics around management themes. Students are required to prepare an individual report, while benefiting from peer learning.
Students will be informed of the requirements for this research work and the production of their final report when the topic is proposed. Topics will be proposed in a dedicated project space on Moodle.
In order to complete the consultation report, students will be required to integrate into
the topic, collect and understand data and information, and synthesize and explain this information in a well-structured format.
Students performance in the seminar will be evaluated mainly on the basis of the final thesis, written and oral defence.
Student will have to write an extended summary of their research project as described below.
Students will have to produce a written document with a detailed plan, including an introduction, a core research question, a methodology, some expected results, a bibliography, and, last but not the least, a discussion both on managerial and academics issues of their project.
Strategic & Design Thinking Yes
Discipline & persistence No
Listening & working with a common purpose No
Critical thinking & problem solving Yes
Teamwork & communication No
Self-awareness & emotional intelligence No
Time management Yes
Treating others with care & respect No
Programme grande école