CUGE ENG 3180
1ère Année Management,Bachelor 1ère année,1ère Année Télécom
Students will work on the History of Art and Cultural Institutions which encompass all the arts from live performance (music, dance and drama) to exhibiting artefacts and providing documentation to the public. The topics discussed include the history of museums, the meaning of Heritage through the ages and Art History. Following a series of brief lectures, students will perform various tasks both individually and in groups as well as specific language exercises in relation to the subject studied to help develop their writing and public speaking abilities.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
• Write structured compositions
• Develop and make presentations
• Construct logical arguments to conduct a debate
• Make use of enhanced vocabulary
• Speak articulately to an audience
• Learn about art and develop linguistic creativity through the study and description of works of art to broaden general knowledge and improve formal language skills.
• To develop listening and speaking skills in order to improve verbal communication and speaking to a public in parallel with a study of different topics related to History of Art and Museums.
• To alternately introduce techniques about the writing process related to multi-paragraph essays and papers and supervise the development of the student’s writing including peer review to improve written communication.
• To draft a professional CV and letter of application.
• To study verb forms and develop vocabulary.
The classroom experience will involve written assignments, short lectures, text and picture analysis, group discussions, debates, grammar activities and vocabulary building tasks (individual and in small groups) with some emphasis on pronunciation if required.
B1: The coure of ROBIC
• 60% Continuous assessment with minimum required writing and speaking tasks: two written assignments, and one presentation of approximately 15 minutes, draft a quality CV or letter of application. Presence is compulsory. Unexcused absence can contribute to failure to validate the course.
• 40% Final examination.
Validating the Tandem course will add 2 bonus points in the continuous assessment grade of the corresponding language course.
Chaque absence injustifiée entrainera 1 point en moins sur votre note de CC.
Programme grande école,Programme Ingénieur,Programme Bachelor