On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
• demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the main field of study, including both broad knowledge of the field and a considerable degree of specialized knowledge in certain areas of the field as well as insight into current research and development work.
• demonstrate specialized methodological knowledge in the main field of study.
• demonstrate the ability to critically and systematically integrate knowledge and to analyse, assess and deal with complex phenomena, issues and situations even with limited information.
• demonstrate the ability to identify and formulate issues critically, independently and creatively as well as to plan and use appropriate methods, undertake advanced tasks within predetermined time frames, and to contribute to the formation of knowledge as well as the ability to evaluate this work.
• demonstrate the ability in speech and writing, to report clearly and discuss his or her conclusions and the knowledge and arguments on which they are based in dialogue with different audiences.
• demonstrate the skills required for participation in research and development work or for independent work in other advanced contexts such as entrepreneurship.
• demonstrate the ability to assessments with regard to scientific, social and ethical aspects, and to demonstrate an awareness of ethical aspects of research and development work.
Be able to apply this knowledge and to reason beyond the classical theoretical models
Be able to generate new ideas, steer innovation and management change in a competitive environment
Acquire ethical reasoning and social responsibility values
Master the methodology and implementation of international projects
Analyze and make decisions while taking into account both local and global business dimensions
Analyze the ethical stakes and be able to generate and share solutions
Fundamentals in Management courses
Students performance in the seminar will be evaluated mainly on the basis of the final thesis.
Student will have to write an extended summary of their research project as described below.
Students will have to produce a written document with a detailed plan, including an introduction, a core research question, a methodology, some expected results, a bibliography, and, last but not the least, a discussion both on managerial and academics issues of their project.
Seminar / lecture(s) Yes
Practical work Yes
Short methodological presentations
Discussions oover current project work
Master of Science