MPFE MKT 7004
• To apply marketing theory and concepts to what marketers do in "the real world"
• To use marketing concepts to make business decisions
• To improve familiarity with current challenges and issues in marketing.
In this course students will learn the concepts and practice of modern marketing as applied in a wide variety of settings. A practical and managerial approach to marketing is adopted throughout the course. Cases are used throughout in order to illustrate managerial relevance. Topics covered include:
• The nature of marketing,
• The environment of marketing
• Marketing, society and ethical behavior,
• Marketing strategy,
• Global competition and international marketing strategy
• Consumer and organizational buyer behavior,
• Market segmentation, targeting and positioning strategies.
This will be based on a combination of case analyses, exercises, and a three hour exam at the end of the course.
This will be based on a combination of lectures (8 lectures of three hours each), case preparation and presentation, exercises, as well as management games.
Master of Science