MUSF MIS 3001
- Define and explain Information System’s role and function within an organization;
- Give (real) examples of companies that have acquired a functional and / or strategic advantage thanks to the modernization of the Information System ;
- Master EXCEL tool via exercices in management, marketing, finance...
There is a double objective to this class: on the one hand, to explain and make the Information System concept more concrete, and on the other hand, to present issues related to ICT introduction into the corporate world and to the setting up of Information Systems.
We will especially focus on :
- defining the Information System concept and its location within the corporate structure;
- introducing the terminology relative to modern IS;
- drawing up the link between IS development and the strategy of an organization through examples and case studies;
- introducing kinds of actors participing to IS porjects.
- prepare students to the IS Conception class in 2nd year (EM2).
* Continuous tests made from exercises submitted in class.
Final mark = 100% continuing tests.
- Face to face lectures with examples and practical exercises.
- Case study reading and discussion.
- Practical work with MS EXCEL in lab classes with a self-learning tool.
Programme grande école