MGSE STR 6502
Present in detail knowledge, skills and tools students have after the course:
Upon successful completion of the course, students will
- Be familiar with:
- The major strategic tools for analysis and decision-making.
- The current challenges facing strategic decision-makers in environments that are increasingly technologically complex and global.
- Be able to:
- Choose appropriate analytical tools.
- Understand what is a competitive advantage and to know how to develop and maintain it.
- Evaluate among alternatives and make convincing decisions based on an understanding of the implications of their implementation.
- The analytical and synthesis skills and attitudes required to evaluate an organization’s resources and competences and analyse the most significant dynamics in its sectors of activity.
- The application of strategic management thinking to different real-world situations.
eMBA-1: To develop core managerial competencies
eMBA-2: To develop strategic thinking and analysis as applied to the ICT industry
Group project (Report: 20 points – Presentation: 20 points) 40%
Class participation 20%
Final individual exam/company strategic audit 40%
Lecture notes, readings, cases studies.