MPFE FIN 7001
Upon completion of the course you will have a substantial knowledge of managerial, intermediate and cost accounting as well as corporate finance and capital markets, along with the skills necessary to deploy that knowledge. You will also be familiar with contemporary and salient aspects of international fiancé such as reporting, ethics and analysis. You will be able to analyze financial statements
• Introduce to the students financial management theories, terminology, concepts, problem-solving and techniques used in modern accounting and finance
• Enable students have a clear understanding of financial statements, capital budgeting, working capital management, long-term debts, and capital funding.
• Provide students with the analytical tools and techniques used in financial accounting as applied to complex business situations.
• The course addresses contemporary issues in management accounting, financial management and organisational control
• Financial controls in internet-based firms and management accounting in the digital economy
• Performance measurement and incentive systems
Case analyses, exercises, and a three-hour exam.
The course is delivered through a combination of lectures, case preparation and presentation, exercises and other forms of group work.
Master of Science