MGSE OPM 4801
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
• Develop a systematic framework for analyzing the behavior of large and complex supply chain networks across the global market.
• Recognize the relationship and motivations of suppliers and distributors to ensure supplies of raw materials and markets for finished goods.
• Utilize information technology and various quantitative and qualitative approaches that reduce production, inventory and transportation costs, and improve service levels and profitability.
• Implement a systematic framework for optimizing supply chain activities in the global marketplace.
• Apply research skills to analyze emerging global supply chain management issues.
The course addresses the strategic aspects of supply chain management with a particular focus on the global market. It provides students with the basic concepts of global supply chain operation strategies used by organizations in the global marketplace. Topics covered include: approaches to global supply strategic management, relationship between corporate strategy and supply chain management strategy, strategic management of quality and materials flow, strategic management of costs and added value, strategic management of supplier relationships, developments in strategic purchasing and supply chain management practices in the global market, global supply chain optimization. Several recent and influential innovations in global supply chain management such as radio frequency identification (RFID) and supply chain software solutions will be discussed.
Programme grande école