CUGE ENG 3273
1ère Année Management,Bachelor 1ère année,1ère Année Télécom
Under the guidance of a teacher and speaker of English, students will strive to individually develop their writing and public speaking abilities. The topics discussed include the history of museums, the meaning of Heritage and the creation of world institutions such as UNESCO and ICOM as well as the role of the public and its relationship with “art and culture” through the ages.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
• Write structured compositions
• Develop and make presentations
• Construct logical arguments to conduct a debate
• Make use of enhanced vocabulary
• Draft a professional CV and letter of application.
• Speak articulately to an audience
Students will work on the history of art and cultural institutions which encompass all the arts from live performance (music, dance and drama) to exhibiting artefacts and providing documentation to the public. Goals include:
• To alternately introduce techniques about the writing process related to multi-paragraph essays and papers and supervise the development of the student’s writing including peer review to improve written communication.
• To study verb forms and develop vocabulary.
• To develop listening and speaking skills in order to improve verbal communication and speaking to a public in parallel with a study of different topics related to general knowledge.
The classroom experience will involve written assignments, short lectures, text analysis, group discussions, debates, grammar activities and vocabulary building tasks (individual and in small groups) with emphasis on pronunciation.
• 50% Continuous assessment with minimum required writing and speaking tasks: two written assignments, and one presentation of approximately 15 mins, draft a quality CV or letter of application. Presence is compulsory. Unexcused absence can contribute to failure to validate the course.
• 50% Final examination
Validating the tandem course will add 2 bonus points in the continuous assesment grade of the corresponding language course.
Chaque absence injustifiée entrainera 1 point en moins sur votre note de CC.
Programme grande école,Programme Ingénieur,Programme Bachelor