MGFE HRM 4401
Students will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental models and theories concerning the "science" of management
- Learn the practical management techniques that the professionals of management use every day
- Put these techniques into practice through case studies
This course aims at providing the basic skills necessary to manage people in organizations and makes a special focus on the organizational and human aspect of management. Therefore, if we define management as planning, organizing, leading and controlling, this course focuses on the Organizing and Leading functions. This course has both a theoretical and practical ambition. It aims at providing the general knowledge regarding management theory and teaching students the practical techniques for managing effectively.
PGE-1: Acquire fundamental skills
PGE-3: Capacity to work in a group
PGE-5: Acquire ethical reasoning
Students will be evaluated on their performance in 3 areas:
1) Participation (30%). This includes your class participation, attendance and Case- studies.
2) 10% Work- Shop Presentation and 10% Report Writing.
3) Final exam (50%). The final exam will consist of a case study + questions concerning the course.
Lectures, Case-Studies, Role Plays, Simulation Exercises, Workshops and Final Examination.
Programme grande école