MGYF STR 5924
On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
• explain what platforms are, what is an ecosystem, and to draw the big picture of platform businesses,
• analyse platform strategies using a simple and robust framework,
• to understand when, why and how to ‘platformize’ one business,
• understand what is creativity and how to nurture and to leverage creativity
• use and apply creativity tools and methods
• understand the meaning and the very purpose of platforms businesses and ecosystems
• understand community dynamics and core processes.
• engage and manage communities in open innovation context.
• leverage social innovation and social entrepreneurship.
The objective of this seminar is threefold:
1st , providing an overview of the essential theoretical underpinnings in the field of platforms, ecosystems and communities;
2nd , exposing students to a structured and practical approach to design efficient and sustainable platform-based ecosystem business model;
3rd, discovering the power of communities and social entrepreneurship as the change agents and economic growth factors both in developed and in developing countries.
Case Study, Group project and presentation, Readings discussion, Final exam
Both formative assessment with a hope to increase the learning and well as summative assessments to evaluate the learning against the pre-set goals would be used by this seminar. The above assessments are intended to be used. The instructor reserves the right to modify the assessment mode after prior notice during the class with a view to enhance learning as he/she deems appropriate.
Seminar / lecture(s)
Online learning component
Project with external client / partner
Programme grande école